Hot desking: The benefits
There are more benefits with hot desking for office interiors in Hertfordshire (aside from saving on wasted space), including:
- A better company culture. Without any permanent seating arrangements, employees will be required to work within different areas of the office. This gives colleagues from different departments the opportunity to interact with each other; this is something that would simply not happen if everyone had stationary desks in their own departments. With an increased level of collaboration and rapport, this can only make for thoughts and ideas to be shared and to be enhanced, ultimately improving the quality of work produced across every department.
- Less clutter. We've all been there; we've passed a colleague's desk and either marvelled at how clean their desk is/or gasped at how cluttered it is. As we all experience a busy existence in work, it's no surprise that things do tend to get cluttered. Hot desking can help employees to take more responsibility for how they work; knowing that they are working on a shared desk, it's less likely that they'll leave it cluttered with their work. Implementing good storage solutions too is a key aid in achieving this.
- Taking ownership of environments. On a similar theme, giving an employee the ownership of how they're able to work will help them to balance their personal requirements. In order to be productive, people need to be happy, they need to be able to work in environments that they are comfortable in; rigid office design doesn't offer flexibility but hot desking does. Whether they want to work in the collaborative environment mentioned above, or in a more quiet space in which they can reflect and work without distraction, hot desking also gives the business great scope to better make use of their office spaces, simply by zoning
- Modernising the existing infrastructure. Hot desking provides the perfect opportunity for any local business to improve their office interiors in Hertfordshire. With the business community in the south east continuing to grow, the importance of being able to possess modern office facilities in order to continue to challenge competitors simply cannot be overlooked.
- Increase in autonomy. Back to the home-work eclipse that we mentioned earlier; hot desking and its flexible nature offers employees the opportunity to perform a better work-life balance. Whilst flexible hours aren't suitable for every business, many others have embraced the need to give their employees more control over the distribution of the hours that they work. Many people feel that there just 'aren't enough hours in the day' to achieve this balance; there ARE enough hours, people just aren't able to sufficiently balance them. Whatever they need to do outside of work; be it childcare, medical appointments, travel...hot desking and flexible working cuts the tethers to their desks and allows them to come into work ready for work and not worrying about not having enough time in the day.
Looking to improve your office design? Contact Oaktree today
If you’re interested in implementing hot desking within your office interiors in Hertfordshire, are looking to refurbish your workspace or even to relocate your business to a better-defined office space, then you’ve found the right place here at Oaktree Interiors.
For over 30 years, our expert team have been designing and building bespoke office environments for a multitude of different business operations; from large international corporations to new start-ups. No matter the size or type of your company, we are able to create an office design that will help to balance the need to offer a comfort and inspiring environment, alongside the required functionality needed to produce the work in hand. Why not browse our case studies section to see more of our work?
Contact our office fitters today to learn more
If you would like to learn more about how we’re able to create the perfect office interiors in Hertfordshire for your business, then please do not hesitate to get in touch with us today. You can call us on 0345 21 86955 or send an e-mail enquiry to us at firstname.lastname@example.org